Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Eggplant, Fennel, & Sausage Baked Ziti

Hi guys!

I have another awesome recipe to share with you today. When I first started making this recipe, I thought for sure I wouldn't share it because I was skeptical, but it turned out to be a rousing success!

The recipe is for Slow Cooker Eggplant, Fennel & Sausage Baked Ziti.


This requires a little prep work at the beginning, but it's just browning the meat and cutting the fennel and the eggplant. I used penne instead of ziti, and my "Italian seasoning" was just adding however much rosemary, thyme, oregano, and basil I felt like adding.

And it's AMAZING! Seriously. I've never cooked (or, for that matter, eaten) fennel before, and it's really good. Plus, the eggplant cooks down to almost nothing, so if you don't like the consistency of it, this is a good way to try it! Of course, sausage and cheese make everything better!

For me, the best part about this recipe was the fact that it tasted way more fattening than it was. This baby's under 400 calories a serving! The perfect combination of tasty and good for you!

Does anyone else love their slow cooker as much as I do? Any good recipes to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment