Monday, February 3, 2014

January Favorites

Hi guys!

Thanks to Christmas, I have some awesome products I loved during January! Most of them came from this kit that my sister got me:


Let's go from left to right!

First we have the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil. I recently stopped taking birth control, and my face has been severely unhappy. I'm going to the dermatologist later this month, but in the meantime I've really seen a difference with this. When I use it with my acne spot treatment, I think it helps my skin fight off the awful stuff better than with just the spot treatment by itself. And while I'm not sure it helps control the oil production on my face, it definitely doesn't make it worse!

The blush is in Thankful, and it's the perfect pink color for me. I think it really gives that lovely "it's cold outside" flush, and it has great staying power.

The "skintuitive lip tint" reacts with your body chemistry to create the perfect shade for you. I love using this just to give my lips that little bit of color without being too dark or drying. I usually put this on and then use my Baby Lips over it when I'm getting ready, and I love it!

The other make up product I've been loving this month is my sample size of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara.


My immediate response the first time I used this was, "Holy eyelashes, Batman!" I love how versatile this mascara is. I can use it every day for a "my lashes but better" look or I can really pump up my look and have my lashes stand out. It doesn't flake or smudge on me, and the staying power is fantastic.

I also have to give a shout out to my The Body Shop body butter. It's been a cold and ridiculously dry winter this year, and this stuff has been saving my skin as well as smelling delicious!



For non-make up products in January, I recently finished watching all 4 (and what's out of the 5th) seasons of Community



It's weird and quirky and has gone through some ups and downs, but I love it. It helps that I'm in love with Danny Pudi, who plays Abed. If you're into weird, quirky sitcoms, definitely give this one a try. And once you've watched it, go watch the bloopers. They make me the happiest.

One last favorite for January is Bastille's album Bad Blood.


This band can do no wrong in my opinion. I've listened to this album SO many times over the past month. My sister and I listened to it a bunch on our way to Tallahassee and I've listened to it a ton since then. I am so not an album person, so the fact that I'm so obsessed with this album is a big deal. If you're looking for specific song suggestions, my favorites are "Pompeii," "These Streets," and "Flaws" though, as I said, the whole album is brilliant.

So that's everything for this month! What products have you guys been loving? 


No comments:

Post a Comment