Thursday, October 10, 2013

The situation is bleeding me..

I'm exhausted.

Yesterday was pretty emotional. I got a lot of things put on my plate and was dealing with some personal stuff. I agreed to run sound for the public performances of Twelfth Night on top of working the box office before the show and putting in a full day with marketing stuff. Dawn and I also sat down and looked at the website, so I now have a bunch of work to do on that before we launch it next week. Basically, I'm insane and want to die. If ever there was a week when I needed a weekend, it's this one. But alas, I don't get one. Instead I get to sell tickets and sit in the booth for 90 minutes. 

I feel like I'm spreading myself too thin, and I'm definitely not getting paid enough for this. Also, for the amount of work I'm doing, I should definitely be considered more than an intern. We'll see what Dawn would like to do contract-wise in the spring. I need to be making more money for sure. 

I'm not in the best place right now. I need more time, sleep, money, relaxation. Something. I don't feel like I have time for my life anymore. I'm glad that once this weekend is over, I'll have a good amount of time where I'm not working a show. It just is too much for one person. I don't know how Dawn does it. 

I am really thankful for Dawn, though. She's very perceptive, and I think she knows when I'm having a hard time. She can't always do anything about it, but she does what she can, and I really appreciate that. 

Hope you guys are having a better week than I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment