Saturday, August 10, 2013

Five Disappointing Products

I've talked a lot about products I've loved, but not so much about products that I disliked. I have two kinds of products I dislike. The first are products that I don't love, but I also don't consider harmful or so awful that I won't finish them. The second are products that I won't finish. These are in the latter category. I recognize that these products may work well for others, but I was disappointed in them.

1. Almay Clear Complexion Foundation with BlemisHeal technology


This product kind of ends up between the two categories. I did repurchase this once, but I never made it through the second bottle. First of all, this foundation claims to help heal breakouts, and I saw no significant difference in my skin. It didn't hurt, but it didn't help either. The reason I stopped using it was because it stopped blending into my skin. I'd put it on, think it looked fine, and then look in a mirror later in the day and realize I had lines of foundation all over my face. Finally I switched Revlon Nearly Naked, and I haven't looked back. 

2. NYC IndividualEyes eyeshadow palette in Dark Shadows


I received this palette through Influenster for winning a brand challenge, and I was excited about it. I soon realized, however, that I could not make it look like I didn't have a black eye when I tried to use it. I thought it was because I didn't know how to apply eyeshadow correctly, but I was wrong. The shadows just suck. They're either really unpigmented or too pigmented and don't blend. I was not impressed at all.

3. In-Kind Facial Moisturizer


I bought this at some point last summer because I ran out of the Garnier one I was using at the time. In-Kind boasts that it's made without a bunch of bad stuff like parabens and sulfates, and I remember the bottle saying something like it was 90% natural ingredients, so I figured why not. My biggest issue with this moisturizer? It broke me out. I didn't realize that until I tried to use it again after putting it away for a little while. For something so natural, it really upset my skin.

4. Elf Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon


I love so many of Elf's products, but this is not one of them. I found the consistency to be really awful, and I had to press down really hard to make the color show up at all. Add that to the fact that the color payoff wasn't great even after I pushed down hard, and I'm just glad it wasn't more expensive.

5. Elf Eyebrow Lift and Fill


I currently use Elf's eyebrow kit, and I really love it. I gave it a try despite being really unhappy with this one. Even though this was the lightest color they had, it was too dark for my eyebrows, and it didn't lend itself to filling in my eyebrows very easily. The highlight end of the pencil didn't blend very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment