Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cause you're a sky full of stars...

Hi guys!

Man it's been a while since I've done a personal post.

The past few weeks have been very stressful and exhausting for me. Trying to recreate something you have no basis for is not fun. Essentially the person who had my job before me did much of her work on her personal computer and then never transferred it to the marketing laptop. So I've been trying to recreate things we did last for with nothing to reference. It's led to a lot of mistakes and things going wrong.

Thankfully, I think I'm finally past all that. I'm really looking forward to doing this again without everything going wrong this time. I feel much more prepared for next year already.

This past week alone I got up at 5 and 6 am and worked a 16 hour and 15 hour day. But, we're about to go into opening all shows, and (I think) that once that happens things should go a lot more smoothly.

Of course there are always frustrations and those have come up multiple times. Overall, though, I think things are going very well everywhere. I'm constantly overwhelmed by how friendly and talented this company is. Definitely a huge improvement from last year. Honestly, I think everything is better than last year. I sold more ads; Amy is kicking ass on our Silent Auction; the talent is better; the drama is less; and we spent less money on important things.

I can't believe it's already July. This year is flying past. I have so many things to look forward to in the next year. All I need is to stop living paycheck to paycheck, and I may finally feel like I'm getting things under control.


No comments:

Post a Comment