Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A quiet week, events, and looking forward

Hi guys!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me. Last week Dawn was on vacation with her family, my homestay parents were gone for vacation, and Ryan was out of the office for tour rehearsal, so I spent most of my week alone!

I got two graphic design projects started as well as various ad selling/building and research for some things. Mostly, though, I worked on the website because I hit a point where I needed direction! It was a good week, though.

Thursday night I went out to dinner with Ryan, Max, and Eric at Margaritas. It was nice to have some time with people my own age.

Dawn got back Friday, and I went in Saturday around 2 to finish preparing for our Shakespeare's 450th Birthday Bash event. Basically that involved nothing but free food and watching people recite Shakespeare or sing Shakespeare inspired songs. It was fun, but my introvert side was kind of over it after a while. Afterwards I went to the Knights with Ryan, Max, and Eric and played Hearts until way too late.

Sunday I slept WAY longer than I planned to and basically had enough time to grab breakfast and take a shower before I headed to the church to help set up for the Community Supper. After setting up, all I had to do was count people, so that was fine.

Now, after working all weekend, I'm pretty wiped out. I'm taking a half day tomorrow, though, and I get to go see one of our regular company members' show in Lewiston tomorrow night. I'm excited about having a real weekend, though. I'm thinking I'm gonna go to Portland on Saturday to use my Body Shop Groupon, go to Lush, and shop for my Color Swap Buddy!

I know that this weekend was nothing compared to what summer's going to be like. I'm really excited about it, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Hopefully once my ad deadline hits on Friday, I can relax a little before jumping into crazy summer mode. And I get to go home to Baltimore for Memorial Day.

I think May is going to be a very good month.


No comments:

Post a Comment