Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Years Resolutions

I'm a little late, but I needed some time to really get my thoughts together. These aren't really resolutions so much as they're things I'd like to change in 2014. I'm leaving them vague on purpose because I know how easy it is to fail when your goal is like "lose 20 million pounds." Instead, I'd rather have things in mind that will help me be a better me for the new year. I feel like that's all anyone can ask.

Focus on being healthier

This includes mind, body, and soul. I want to eat healthier, be more active, do more yoga and focus on me. It's not something I'm good at, but it's something I want to work on.

Read more

The 50 book challenge is back in full swing this year! I know I need to step it up because I wouldn't have finished if it weren't for sitting in the booth all summer, but that can be part of focusing on me too.

Keep in touch more

I have good friends. And I'm horrible at keeping in touch with then. I want to reach out more. I want to not shy away from the phone when one of them calls, and I don't feel like talking. And I want to do all of that without being concerned that they don't want to hear from me.

Keep learning

I started a new job this year, and although I've learned a lot, I still know relatively little. I want to focus on gaining new skills so that I can be the best marketing person I can be and get over the little obstacle that is having no formal training or schooling in the subject.

I'm sure there are more, but for now, that seems like a good list. I want this to be a good year for me. It has to be a good year for me.

What're you guys planning on changing for the new year?




No comments:

Post a Comment