Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's 11 o'clock in Grovers Corners..

Well, we've opened our second to last show.

Things are about to change. Many people are about to leave (including Rew) because their contract is up, and we're about to get into only rep. No more rehearsals, no more tech, just shows, shows, shows.

We had an intern meeting yesterday, and it went really well. I'm planning to have another meeting with Dawn to discuss career things and my crisis about career things next week. I truth is, I'm thinking sound might not be what I want to do. I need theatre; I know that. But I've been doing some thinking lately, and there are things in my life that make me wonder if it's the best fit. It has nothing to do with passion or me not thinking I can do it. But I'm looking ahead, and I think this might be a good move for me.

We also had a A Year of Magical Thinking production meeting, and then a special events meeting. Since Rew is leaving, I get to do those by myself, and I get to design a little for the kids writing festival, so I'm looking forward to that.

We've now opened Our Town, and that went really well. We're starting the whole rep process. Velveteen this afternoon, Pestle tonight, then a switch to Our Town tomorrow and Shrew tomorrow night. Then into Magical tech! Whoo!

The nice thing is, we have an awesome outing planned on Monday to the Maine Mall and to see a movie. Everyone else is going to see Pacific Rim in IMAX 3D, but since I'm not the most interested in it and I can't handle 3D (and sometimes IMAX) I'm probably going to see Monsters University by myself. Everyone else saw it without me. =/

Then we have a "Science and S'mores" night at a board members house. Don't ask me what that means. I don't know! You'll have to come back on Wednesday for that! For now, enjoy these pictures from the Our Town Opening Night Party!

The Gibbs' family portrait

The Webb's family portrait


Also, my mom texted me today, and she and Doug are coming up on August 8th! I'm really excited to have them come see Shrew and the theater and Toad and everything! Enjoy your weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment