Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tell me what am I gonna do with forever now..

I have been super MIA lately, and I apologize profusely. Many things have been happening in my life - good and bad - and I was feeling very overwhelmed and confused.

Thankfully, I think things have slowed down some, so let's catch you guys up!

Monday was a fabulous day. Amadi, Beth, AD, Ryan, and I went to the Maine Mall. It just so happened that Alex and her posse were planning a trip too! So I got to hang out with her for a little bit. Then my crew went to Chili's for dinner (freaking delicious) and split up while the other four went to see Pacific Rim. I decided to have some alone/thinking about life time, so I went to nearby Old Orchard Beach.


I talked to my mom and did a lot of thinking. After a couple of hours, I met up with my group and we headed home for a minute before we were off for S'mores and Science Night. It was fun, but nothing too exciting.

This week we had tech for The Year of Magical Thinking which went well, as did the opening yesterday night. 

And now for my news: I've decided not to go to Sarasota. 

I mentioned to Dawn pretty casually that I was interested in Marketing, and that unleashed a whole flurry of things including her offering me the Marketing internship for the Fall. After a lot of thinking, talking, and general unsureness, I decided to take it. I'm still waiting for official termination of my contract at FST, but it's pretty much a done deal.

This decision was preceded by a thought of serious thought on my part about my life and what I wanted to do with it. It's not that I don't love sound. But what I want out of life may just not be possible with a complete production career. It doesn't mean I'm giving it up forever. It just means that I need to explore some other avenues.

There are quite a few details that have yet to be worked out, but I will be the Marketing Intern for Theater at Monmouth this Fall/Winter. What happens after that continues to be seen. I'm meeting with Jay (our current Marketing Director) tomorrow to talk about me taking over some things, and I'm really excited about it. 

So, while I may not be blogging about sound specifically anymore, I will continue to blog about my life here, what I'm doing, and, of course, beauty stuff. Once again, I apologize for the lapse in time. I needed to figure out some things before I could update you.

I'm excited about my future, and I hope you are too!


No comments:

Post a Comment