Monday, September 16, 2013

June-August Ipsy Bag Reviews

Since I haven't really reviewed anything I've received in my ipsy bags, I'm gonna catch up with all of that here and then post reviews each month for that bag. Note: This is not everything I've received from my ipsy bags, just the things I've tried. I usually note if I'm trying to or have swapped things away.


Pop Beauty Crayon in Rose Romance


I love lip crayons, so I was totally excited about this product. I wanted the coral version, but the Rose Romance looked like it would be a great nude color. It was not. It made me look dead. I was disappointed, but I figured, "Hey, it's just not right for my skin tone." So then I tried it on Beth, Beka, and Amadi. In reality, it's just an awful color for ANY skin tone. 

BH Cosmetics Sample


I heard this sample get a lot of flack for a multitude of reasons. Personally, though they weren't though most pigmented in the whole world, on top of a primer, I thought these shadows performed just fine. And while they're from three different BH palettes, I used all three together, and they worked great for me. 

Benetint


I'd heard so many great things about this product that I was really disappointed by how it performed. I wanted to use it as a lip tint (cheek tints and I don't get along well) but it barely made any different in my lip color. It's a nice idea, but in practice it just didn't work for me.

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Scrub


My first product to rave about! I love this stuff. It was a little disconcerting to have it be black (I know, I know, it's a charcoal scrub. What was I expecting? I don't know, but not that!) but I love how gentle it is and how soft my skin feels afterwards. I definitely have to look into getting a full size once I run out. It's not that expensive either!

Noya Lip Balm in Vanilla


I really liked this lip balm. It's smooth, very hydrating, and it smells good but not overwhelmingly like vanilla. For me, the only downfall was it builds up pretty quickly, so for someone who likes to frequently apply lip products, it got thick quicker than I would've liked.


Pixi Lash Booster


My biggest issue with this mascara for me was smudging. My lashes are pretty long, so I have issues with that anyway, but I didn't even have time to get a second coat before there was mascara places. Also, the brush was a little too packed with bristles for me. Maybe I'm weird, but I felt like it didn't facilitate coating my lashes well.


Pacifica BB Cream


I actually ended up swapping this away, but not before I tried it once. It wasn't bad in texture or color, but it gave me no coverage at all. I understand it's a BB cream and not a foundation, but I don't understand the point of using a product like this if it literally doesn't even even out your skin tone.


1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about new makeups! I like BB creams but other than that I don't think I would use all that other fancy stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete