Monday, September 30, 2013

September Favorites

It's favorites time again! Let's look at everything I've been loving this month!

1. Michael Todd Jojoba Scrub


I got this in my Ipsy this month, and I absolutely loved it. It wasn't too abrasive, but I felt like it got my skin really clean and left it feeling really smooth. The sample size lasted me for a good time, too. And it's not even that expensive. I may have looked into purchasing a full size if not for the next product..

2. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

I've only had this product since Wednesday, but in those four washes, my skin has improved dramatically. I've been dealing with a lot of stress and negativity this month (more on that in my next personal update) and my skin has been showing it. I bought the Loreal Anti Breakout Go 360 Clean, but it didn't seem to have a huge effect. Then I saw Ingrid talk about this product on Youtube, and I am so glad I picked it up. My face is finally calming down, and it's definitely due to this product.

3. Elf Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in French Lace

I added this into my recent Elf purchase to use as an eyeshadow base, and I'm so glad I did! It's making me fall in love with my eyeshadows all over again. Some of them just perform so much better over a base! This pencil does has shimmer, which I wish it didn't, but most of the eyeshadow I use on a regular basis does too, so it's not a huge deal. I'm going to try and seek out the new Color Tattoo in Nude Pink to see how that performs, but for $2, this one definitely ain't bad!

4. Lorac Mint Palette


Using the Elf stick has really made me love my Lorac Mint Palette this month. Before, the eyeshadows didn't seem that pigmented, but the base really makes them stand out. And, because the palette has a blush, I've been reaching for it most often this month. I usually go for the bottom left pink on my eyelid, the matte light brown in the top for my crease, the shimmery dark brown on the bottom in my outer corner, and the cream as a highlight. It's a great natural look. I haven't been brave enough to try the mint or the dark purple yet.

6. Space Heater


Yes, I'm giving my space heater a shout out. I don't know where I'd be without it. It may be dinky, but it's kept me from freezing at night, and for this Florida girl, that is something to be grateful for.

7. Nyx Slide on Liner in Brown Perfection


After trying this this month, I'm kind of mad at myself for waiting so long. I love this eyeliner. It's creamy, it's thin and easy to control, and it lasts! It's on par with my Tarte ones that I have loved forever, but SO much cheaper. I'm definitely picking up a plethora of other colors when I next end up at Ulta.

So that's everything! I have some very exciting new things coming in the mail, so be sure to stay tuned for some new make up goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment