Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sephora Haul

Since becoming a Beauty Inside at Sephora, I try every year to buy at least something for myself as a birthday gift and so I can get Sephora's free birthday gift. 


This year, I bought myself an acne spot treatment from Origins. I also received my birthday gift: a mini size of Benefit's They're Real mascara and Watts Up highlighter and three samples, two Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner (one gentle/super rich, one surf foam wash) and an Ole Henriksen CC cream.

I was a little thrown off by the size of the spot treatment because it's TINY. After doing a little researching and trying it out, though, they were not kidding when they say a little goes a long way. This stuff is crazy powerful and brings down redness and fades dark spots. I hope it continues to be effective for me. I have a problem with acne medications after continued usage.

I used the BB gentle/super rich shampoo and conditioner sample when I was on my way to Monmouth. I normally lament the amount of conditioner in a little foil packet (I'm kind of a conditioner whore), but I was impressed with how well the amount I had worked. Plus, it smelled really good.

The only other thing I've tried so far is the Benefit minis. I like the They're Real, but I wasn't blown away. There was too much product on the brush for me, and the brush itself wasn't the same style I like. I tend to go for a more natural lash look. As for the Watts Up, it might be a really great product, but it's definitely not for oily skin. I spend so much of my time trying to reduce shine that adding a stick high lighter wasn't going to help. I used it a few times before giving up hope.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think? What's worth and hype and what's not?


1 comment:

  1. I'm curious about the mascara, for sure. I'm really picky with it though. I hate clumpy, flaky mascaras, but I have super light lashes, so I need something that's going to make them dark and full looking.

    ReplyDelete