Wednesday, December 18, 2013

50 Book Challenge

A week ago exactly, I officially finished my 50 Book Challenge.  I decided to challenge myself this year because during school, I never had time to read anything except required texts. I was excited to read for pleasure again. As I've gotten older, reading takes longer for me. I don't mean the actual reading speed (because I'm a speed demon) but it takes me longer to read a book because I rarely take the time to sit and read just because.

So I changed that.

At first, I was really afraid I wasn't going to make it. But thanks to spending a month in tech and two months running shows, I got through 50 books. Here they are, in all their glory:


Some of the order got screwed up because I started my challenge on December 19, 2012 instead of the first, so I had to make sure the Goodreads widget counted them toward my goal. You can check out all of the books, ratings, reviews, and more here

And, because I don't like reviews (and that would make this post ridiculously long) here's just a peek at my top five.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Paper Towns by John Green
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


 Did you partake in the 2013 Reading Challenge? Did you read anything wonderful? Let me know! I'm always looking for new books to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment