Monday, December 2, 2013

This Wonderful Life

Hi guys!

I hope everyone has had a good couple of days. I'm sorry this is a little late, but I forgot how crazy show weekends can be.

On Thanksgiving night, we had 150 people join us as we opened our holiday show This Wonderful Life.


It's a one-man adaptation of Frank Capra's holiday classic, It's a Wonderful Life, and our audience seemed to enjoy it so much, we brought it back this year.

I had actually never seen the movie, so on Wednesday night, I hunkered down with the cats I was house sitting, and watched it. It wasn't exactly what I anticipated, but I definitely understand why it's become such a classic. 

I watched the show on Thanksgiving, and it's a lovely adaptation. It pokes fun at all the right places while keeping the characters and themes alive. Plus, Mike Anthony, the actor, is just a joy to watch onstage. 

It's definitely an interesting concept, though. What if you could see what your life would be like if you were never born or, better yet, if you had made different choices. I know that I've made a ton of choices in the past five years or so that completely changed the path I was on. What if I had made the other choice?

Perhaps it's better that I never know. I don't regret any of the choices I made. They all brought me to where I am today. And, to be totally cliche, I have a pretty wonderful life. 

The first weekend went really well, and Dawn gave me today off to recover. Being that "on" really takes a toll on me. I'm exhausted, and really looking forward to a quiet-ish week before the show's second weekend. 

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Thanks to the show I missed all the Black Friday craziness, and I'm not really complaining. I'm actually doing pretty well on my gift buying this year. I'm about 2/3 of the way through my list, but the last group is my hardest to shop for.

What do you guys do about hard to buy for people? Any go-to presents?


No comments:

Post a Comment