Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Five Products I Love

Since I've been so busy lately, I'd like to give a little shout out to five products that have just been working for me. Things that make my life easier (in the beauty realm anyway) and one that has really saved me. Here we go:

1. Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo


This stuff has seriously been a lifesaver recently. If you read my Suave Moroccan Infusion review then you'll know that I haven't been using it as much lately because I was no longer feeling that products were building up in my hair. However, Toad runs on well water, and my hair is (in the words of my roommate) not about that life. It's been very tangly and rough feeling lately, despite my use of a nourishing masque, and eventually I researched and found out it's because the minerals from the water are building up. So, I used this, and it's tons better. My hair still doesn't love the water, but as long as I use this a couple of times a week, I think I can manage.

2. Elf Eyelid Primer


Before I started using an eyelid primer, powder eyeshadow was a no-go for me. But a primer really makes all the difference! My eyelids aren't super oily, but my eyes are fairly hooded, and powder would just disappear into the crease immediately. This stuff keeps my eyeshadow looking great throughout the day, and it's only $1! Who can beat that?

3. Elf Makeup Mist & Set


Before I found this product, I'd basically resigned myself to the fact that my makeup would be gone as soon as I started sweating. I've tried the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray, and it didn't really do anything for me. I assumed that if Urban Decay couldn't help me, no one could. But I was incredibly surprised when this helped and a lot! I could go outside, sweat a ton, be sure my makeup was gone, and look in the mirror to a face almost as fresh as when I applied it. It's a fantastic product, and I wouldn't apply makeup without it.

4. Elf Beauty Book in Warm


Yes, another Elf product. I can't help it that their makeup is awesome and super cheap! I picked this gem up when I visited their flagship store in NYC at the end of May, and I've been using it every day since. The pigmentation is great, and there's a ton of neutral shades, but also some darker shades, and even a few fun colors! I generally go more natural for my eyeshadow, but today I had an orangey/pink thing going on, and I loved it. And, it's 48 shades for $6. Literally can't be beat.

5. Zoya Nail Polish in Neely

Not my swatch! Click the picture for the source!

 I have two major reasons why this is on this list. The first one is because I'm obsessed with mint green lately. I love it; I own three nail polishes in the color and a pair of pants. The second is because I got a manicure and pedicure with my mom the day before I left for Maine. That was Saturday, June 1st. The first time I noticed any sort of chip in my nails was Sunday, June 9th (this is not including one of my nails breaking and me having to cut it down - that was my nail's fault, not the polish). That means that this single manicure lasted for over a week. And it's not like I was easy on my hands. I was moving in, climbing around the theater, and moving equipment. And that polish did not budge. I don't know if it was the base coat or the polish or what, but I was amazed. When I paint my own nails, I'm lucky if I get two days wear without chipping. So not only is this polish beautiful and my favorite color, but it's formula is amazing, and I'm super excited to try the others I bought from Zoya.

So those are the products I'm loving right now! I don't incorporate a whole bunch of new products into my routines all that often, but if I find new things I love that I'm not planning to review, there will be more of these in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment