Thursday, June 6, 2013

We're still down three housemates, but we've all officially started! It's technically prep week, so we're working on setting things up and getting them working rather than working on an actual show. The actors are in rehearsal for The Velveteen Rabbit and are having a grand time of it, from what I've heard.

As for me, I got to relax a little on the first day, and then Rew and I set up the board and set up and tested the headsets. We have a brand new Behringer Xenyx X1832USB this year which will become my BFF from the summer. Also, we're getting SFX (an audio playback program) which I'm very familiar with, so I'm glad I won't have to learn a whole new program.

Everything about this little town is so quirky. The theater building also houses the public library.


 It's a little strange, but very quaint and charming. Plus, it's been absolutely beautiful here, especially weather-wise. I've been cold waking up in the morning! It's glorious.

The theater was originally built as an opera house, so it has that same, giant, decorated opera house feel in a little tiny theater that seats a little over 200. It's cute and (here's the word of the summer) quirky, and definitely very maze-y. I'm reminded of trying to learn the Taproot Theatre summer of 2011. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon, but for now I get pretty turned around.


I've never worked in legitimate summer stock before, so this will definitely be a new experience for me.  We spend June preparing as best we can and all of July in tech. That's going to be pretty crazy. But, I'm  already enjoying it way more than last summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment