Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner Review


Let me start this review with a fact: I have never liked Suave's products. We used to use them when I was younger, and my dad still does, and I've never been happy with them. The shampoo is okay, but I always thought the conditioner was watery and didn't do a single good thing for my hair. 

I've steered clear of Suave for as long as I've been choosing my own hair products which is why it's kind of a miracle I even decided to try them in the first place. But, I had been watching EleventhGorgeous on Youtube talk about their hair troubles, and in one video, Stef mentions that Pantene products are heavy and weighed their hair down.

Now, I've always been a loyal Pantene girl. It has been my go-to shampoo and conditioner for years now. But I had been having problems with my wavy hair being not-so-wavy because of product build up. I thought it just happens and then you go to the salon and they fix it for you. It never occurred to me that the products I was using was causing it to be that way. 

To combat my product build up, I had started to use the (strangely enough) Suave Clarifying Shampoo and it was actually working pretty well for me, but I decided that it might be time to try something new in my hair care routine. 

I was intrigued by the Suave Moroccan line, but I was wary of trying it full-size because I'd had such bad experiences with Suave in the past, but after reading NouveauCheap's review of the products (her hair is incredibly similar to mine), I decided I wanted to give it a go. I tried to find some samples or travel sizes, but eventually, they were on sale 2/$6 at Walgreens, and I just went for it.

And holy wow, was it a good choice. 

First of all, the formula of these products is great. The shampoo is thicker than the other Suave products I've tried which was a big improvement for me, and the conditioner is a wonderful consistency. Both the shampoo and the conditioner cover and feel like they cling to my hair but at the same time wash really clean. I no longer feel the need to use the clarifying shampoo on a weekly basis. Second, my hair has improved a ton. It's light and bouncy and soft and the waves are nice and piecey. 

In short, I'm totally in love with the line. I have abandoned my Pantene for Suave, and, as of now, I'm not looking back. I still think their Naturals line is awful, but I'll stick with the Moroccan Infusion line. Props to you Suave! You've turned this non-believer into a lover!


No comments:

Post a Comment