Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Gel Review

I'm halfway (if not more than) through this product, so I feel like I can make an adamant judgment on it now. I picked up this product because I was interested in trying something else from the brand and because CVS was out of my usual curling mousse. 

I have to say that I'm really unhappy with how disappointed I've been with this brand. I want so much to love it, but neither of the two things I've tried have done much for me. I will be receiving their Way to Grow shampoo and conditioner through Influenster, so I'll see how that works for me unless my mom steals it.

This is a curling gel which I was wary of from the beginning because gel normally leads to crunchy hair. This gel, unfortunately, was no different. So that was my first problem. My second problem was that it weighed down my hair. I'm a night showerer, so I put in styling product after I shower, sleep on my hair, and then use more styling product in the morning. Using this gel, I'd wake up in the morning and my hair was limp and kind of greasy looking. If I was going to put more product in my hair, that was okay because my normal messy-chic waves masked it. But if I wanted to leave my hair how it was, it didn't look clean.

My third issue was the scent. This product smells very grape. It's something that you get used to, but it's very overwhelming and kind of...cough syrupy. I wish there had been more of the jasmine and less of the grape.

Overall, this product probably does better on people with thicker, actually curly hair as opposed to my fine, wavy hair. Gels are just usually too heavy for my hair. And the scent is pretty off-putting to me. Have you tried this product? Did you like it or dislike it?


No comments:

Post a Comment